Katie is Kenya bound! For those of you who do not know, this June I will be traveling to Kenya, Africa. I am traveling with a small team of teachers from my church to work in a Christian school and orphanage. Although I could spend pages detailing the journey Christ has brought me on, I will just give you a brief summary of how the Lord has orchestrated events over the past year. Many of you are aware that for years I have wanted to once again travel abroad to do mission work, yet the Lord has not seen fit to make that happen, and at times I have not been obedient when he has opened a door. About two years ago I began to seek missions opportunities, and in the fall of 2009, I had applied for a year long missions excursion. I was accepted, yet the Lord slammed that door shut (for those of you who know me well, I sometimes don't listen when it's simply closed, so Jesus needed to SLAM it for me). Last summer, I realized that I could no longer leisurely seek opportunities, but I needed to actively pursue the passions Christ had placed in my heart. I completely surrendered my life to what Christ has for me. In October, a dear friend and fellow teacher Anne, shared with me a CRAZY story about a student in her classroom whose family began a Christian orphanage and school in Kenya. Not only were they the founders, but they wanted her to come visit, and bring friends! Little did we know, this would lead to a mission's team traveling to Kenya in June to help them develop a library in their new facility! It's amazing as I reflect on the journey I have been on in the past year, and how God has been refining me spiritually in preparation for this adventure. I cannot begin to put to words how much Christ has revealed to me about His character and my relationship with Him.
I will close this post for now, but I cannot wait to share this adventure with you, both the struggles and successes!
Love to you all!
I am SO excited for you, and will definitely be praying for you along the way!
ReplyDelete