Sunday, June 12, 2011

72 hrs and counting!!!!

So much has happened in the few short weeks since I last posted! My kids have completed their EOG's, profile cards are done, cumulative folders are complete, report cards are drafted and proofed, met my new class for next year, prepared all paperwork for the 11-12 school year, 12 days of subplans complete, and an emotional goodbye to my class. Now the fun begins!

You know, I've always heard it said that trials reveal your true character, and I must say the past few weeks have revealed the ugly side of Katie Holloman at times. I've always known that I like to have "control" of my life, but it hasn't been until the recent weeks as life was going 100mph and the To Do List was multiplying at exponential rates, that I realized just how much I like to have control. I have been a wreck and miserable to be around, to be quite honest, as I try to juggle my overflowing plate that has frequently been out of control. However, God revealed to me Friday night, that I need to make sure I take time to smell the roses. It had been a long and emotional day, sleep had not been occurring for days, I was hot, sweaty, and had 50 errands, to run, one of which included a BBQ with some of my favorite people (the 4th grade team). The BBQ was at 6:30, and upon arriving home at 5, I picked up the phone to call and cancel. I just couldn't be one more place, not to mention my attitude was less than peachy. I decided to get a shower, and just head over, despite how I felt. On the way I began to relax, and realize it was now time to focus on Nairobi and what God was going to do there. My attitude was changing, just as I got behind a car going 25mph the whole way to Cindy's house!!!! Being the control freak I am, I HATE to be late, and as I was already running late, this stupid car was making me even more late!! Needless to say, the sour attitude quickly returned, and I just wanted to get to Cindy's house, hold my sweet baby Ben, and go to my happy place. As I pulled into her driveway I realized that there were A LOT more cars than just the five of us. I walked in the door and realized this party was really for me. . . on the verge of tears, I suddenly realized that I have allowed life to rob me of my joy! I have let my need to be in constant control prevent me from realizing the beauty of this journey. I praise the Lord for the amazing blessing of these people in my life, and for using them to help me realize I need to take a step back and appreciate the moments I am giving, even in the middle of the chaos.

After a good night's sleep, I'm now able to relax and enjoy the journey! Most things are in place for me to leave, items have been laid out, ready to pack, and I'm heading to Mom & Dad's today to celebrate Father's Day a little early, and pick up some last minute items.

Please pray for our team in the following areas:

1.) Rest and peace as we complete last minute preparations
2.) Unity of spirit as we join from various places to accomplish a common goal
3.) Safety and health as we face 36 hrs of flight, sleepless nights, and exposure to the elements
4.) Open hearts for the people we will meet and for our team as we allow God to mold and change us
5.) Cooperation from all traveling agencies we encounter, and safe arrival of our luggage!

My HOPE is that we will be able to update a few times while I'm gone, so check back every once in a while for updates and uploads!

I can't thank you all enough for your prayers, love, support, and financial support! I am blessed. ..

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment